Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kieler (Oki) Hoplites - 30mm Flats

Making good headway on the Numidians. 12 finished, figures 13&14 well under way, and #'s 15-17 primer sprayed this morning. The end of the queue is well in sight now, should finish by next weekend.

In the meantime, here's some factory painted hoplites I got from a wargamer/collector named Paul in Arizona. Our deal was a combination, he had some extra Kielers and we split a few sets of Lampert (Frankfurter Zinnfiguren) ancients which I had ordered from Germany.  Lampert has an amazing selection of Republican Romans and other contemporary figures, by the way.  He doesn't speak English or take Paypal which complicates things, but he's very willing to send figures outside of Germany if you're willing to do things the German way.

But I digress:

 Ionian Hoplites

Wish I had more of the peltasts, been keeping an eye out for them. Sooner or later I'll get around to reworking a unit or two of hoplites in my own style. And now for the bizarre:

Kieler Carthaginian Infantry

Could be the worst set Kieler ever produced from the standpoint of historical accuracy, comically bad in some ways.  Bad history maybe, but vigorous and appealing figures for all that.  I think they'll be just fine for Hyborian age warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment