Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Heinrichsen Infantry - 45mm Flats




Finished painting this unit last week. Antique Heinrichsen flats, 45mm to the eyes. This is kind of a one-off set, purchased when Heinrichsen was cleaning out old inventory mid-2017. First issued 1840, they represent French troops ca. 1830.
For my 1820's imagi-nation of Celtica, I took a few liberties such as the ficticious grenadier flag. But they are plausibly French enough to sell as such when the day comes. 24 soldiers came in the box, I did not paint the extra sapper and trumpeter.
As you can see from the command figure grouping, I almost completely dispensed with the shading. Started out that way, but they are so slender that shading only accentuated it in a bad way, so I painted them more in straight toy soldier fashion.


And in closing, a rather comical stylistic mismatch with some wooden flats which I am currently working on. More about this latter to follow soon.




3 comments:

  1. Those are very nice! I've never heard of wooden flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden flats are made by a guy in Russia. I bought them blank, no detail besides the outline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete