Saturday, June 3, 2017

Marching off to eBay



Now that my retirement is on the near horizon, my wife and I have made the decision to downsize. Our home for the last 15 years goes on the market next weekend.  We've done some packing for storage and getting rid of stuff.  But my undisciplined style of collecting over the years means that I personally have a lot to do towards making the move happen.

I've decided to prune my collection as much as possible to the following:
30mm flats - Ancient, 1680-1720.
40-45mm flats/semi-flats ca. 1830.

Anything else is fair game.  All of the figures in this post are now on auction at eBay.  Much as I dislike selling on eBay, it's a matter of necessity.  Not to turn the blog into a shameless commercial enterprise, but if readers see anything they'd like to have from what I've posted over the years, please fell free to comment on that particular post and we can take the discussion offline.  My eBay nom de guerre is "sc_tin_man".










I also have many 40mm casting molds, unpainted flats and military history/toy soldier books like the Wollner compendium below so feel free to contact me at "cpl_trimATyahooDOTcom" about your wants.



Speaking of 45mm, some very nice Heinrichsen flats ca. 1840 will be up soon in the next post.


12 comments:

  1. Sad to hear you are downsizing- those minis are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simon. No worries, I'll be keeping most of the painted flats, as for the rest, hopefully others will enjoy them.

      Delete
  2. Steve, I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible and that you find homes for the lads that are going.

    I am sometimes surprised how little I miss figures that I have sold even when I still reminisce about them. Actually I would like to get rid of more for the space and to help me focus on a narrower range.

    (if you get two comments from me its due to a glitch that wiped the other out as I hit Publish.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ross. I quite agree on not missing sold figures, although I've never cut the collection too close to the bone before. But there's plenty of fat to start with.

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed by your disciplined approach. My retirement plans revolve around up-sizing my collection and time devoted to the hobby but then that's about ten years off. All the best with your move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Unlucky General. Your retirement plans sound great !

      Delete
  4. How can you bear it?!! Are you sure it's the right thing? Hasn't the missus got stuff that could go instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, great response. "Sorry, baby. That closet full of shoes and clothes ? It has to go, not enough room for soldiers otherwise". She's actually doing her bit as well.

      Sooner or later, I'd have had to this lest I leave the cleanup to my survivors.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, this chap is a spammer working his way around all the wargames blogs- please report him. Bsst, Simon

      Delete
    2. You're right, Simon. I could tell when he just copied other comments, with his links to who knows what.

      Delete
  6. Earthling...

    When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
    and we wiseabove to meet our Maker,
    only four, last things remain:
    death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
    according to the deeds WEE mortals
    have done in our Finite Existence.

    PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
    if you're RIGHT,
    you'll see the LIGHT -
    follow that to the Elysian Fields.
    Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

    Find-out what RCIA means and join.
    Make Your Choice -SAW

    ReplyDelete